Welcome to Rutgers Law School's Camden location and to our dynamic community of leading scholars, highly qualified students, and distinguished alumni. Our approach to legal education is distinctive, thanks to:
- Our faculty's devotion to scholarship and teaching. We have assembled an extraordinary group of scholars whose influence across a wide spectrum of public policy and academic issues is recognized nationally on an almost daily basis. Our instructors embrace an unparalleled commitment to effective and collaborative education and a shared goal of enabling students to succeed.
- A comprehensive curriculum that provides students with critical fundamental knowledge and expertise while also encompassing specialized and emerging areas such as environmental, health, and intellectual property law.
- A highly motivated and diverse student body from across the country that takes passionate and active interest both in creating a vibrant law school community and in connecting to the wider community outside the law school.
- A world-class law school facility, featuring state-of-the-art classrooms, a fully appointed moot courtroom, and extraordinary spaces for studying and interacting.
- Intensive and innovative professional training, including our highly-regarded Legal Analysis, Research and Writing program, which helps students hone their research and writing skills from their first semester to their last, as well as many practice-oriented experiential opportunities, like our Trial Advocacy course.
- A wide array of clinical and pro bono programs and courses that enable students, with supervision and guidance from experienced lawyers, to obtain hands-on experience and represent clients in civil matters and domestic violence cases, as well as participating in projects to revitalize the Camden community. Students also gain valuable experience by working as externs in both government and the private sector. Clinical programs include a pioneering Children's Justice Clinic that serves high-risk youth. Other students make the law come alive through the Marshall-Brennan Program, whose members teach a course on constitutional rights and responsibilities in Camden-area public high schools, including a special curriculum on the history and future of democracy and the right to vote.
- A strong record of placing our students in high-quality jobs when they graduate, even in this challenging job market. Rutgers Law School has long ranked among the nation's very best in the percentage of its graduates who obtain judicial clerkships, which are the springboards to careers in both the public and private sectors.
- A network of distinguished alumni, in addition to being leaders in the judiciary, government, law firms, business, and the public interest, provide unwavering support both to students and to recent graduates.
- The resources of Rutgers, a world-class research university, which supports the law school and offers collaborative opportunities in other disciplines, such as business, medicine, urban planning and public policy.
We are working toward a common vision: to be, and be recognized as, one of the outstanding public law schools in the United States and the preeminent institution training lawyers for flourishing careers in New Jersey, the Philadelphia region, and beyond. Whether you are a prospective student, current student, graduate, practitioner, or guest, we invite you to join us in pursuing this mission and building the new Rutgers Law School.
Michael T. Cahill
Rutgers Law School